How To Apply for Nigerian Airforce Recruitment 2019
Nigerian Airforce Recruitment 2019. You have been wanting to apply for the Nigerian Air Force. Here is everything you need to know. The Nigerian Air Force is a part of the Nigerian Armed forces that was initially established in 1964 with a personal capacity of 10,000 (Ten thousand) in current time. The duties of the force include Air defence, close air support, air interdiction, counterair operations, air transport operations, and maritime air operations.
FUN FACTS ABOUT THE NIGERIAN AIR FORCE
Applicants and potential applicants should have a fair idea of this section of the Nigerian Armed Forces in which interest has been piqued. Stated below are a few but essential information the applicant must be conversant with after fully decided to apply for the recruitment into the Nigeria Air Force.
- In terms of ranking in the Nigerian Air Force, Ranking is done by officer category or Airmen Category.
In descending (Highest to lowest) order of seniority the Nigerian Air Force officer ranks are:
- Marshal of the Air Force
- Air Chief Marshal
- Air Marshal
- Air Vice Marshal
- Air Commodore
- Group Captain
- Wing Commander
- Squadron Leader
- Flight Lieutenant
- Flying Officer
- Pilot Officer
- Warrant Officer
In descending (HIGHEST TO LOWEST) order of seniority the Nigerian Air Force airman/woman ranks are:
- Air Warrant Officer.
- Master Warrant Officer.
- Warrant Officer.
- Flight Sergeant.
- Toto Sergeant.
- Lance Corporal.
- The Nigerian Army has Seventeen (17) bases spread across the country namely:
- NAF Abuja – FCT
- NAF Kaduna is the Old Kaduna Airport – Kaduna State
- NAF Port Harcourt – Rivers State
- NAF Benin – Edo State
- NAF Maiduguri – Borno State
- NAF Minna (based within Minna Airport) – Niger State
- NAF Makurdi (based within Makurdi Airport) – Benue State
- NAF Kano (based within Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport) – Kano State
- NAF Enugu (based within Akanu Ibiam International Airport) – Enugu State
- NAF Jos –Plateau State
- NAF Ipetu-Ijesha – Osun State
- NAF Shasha – Lagos State
- NAF Kainji
- NAF – Katsina
- NAF. Yola -Adamawa State
- NAF Mando-Kaduna State
- NA/NAF Unguwan
- The Nigerian Army has three commands: tactical, logistics, and training. 8 staff branches namely; Policy and Plans Branch, Operations Branch, Air Engineering Branch, Logistics Branch, Administration Branch, Accounts and Budget Branch, Inspections Branch and Air Secretary Branch with an Air vice Marshal heading each branch.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR RECRUITMENT
Liking the force and having the desire to be part of the force is barely enough. You have to meet a certain requirement in order to stand a chance to be chosen. Find all Nigerian Air Force RECRUITMENT requirements stated below:
- Applicants who are interested in the recruitment must be of Nigerian origin by birth and possess National Identity Number (NIN) or valid ID card (driving license, voters’ card, international passport) showing that they are citizens of the country.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of 5 credits in not more than 2 sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB with credit pass in English and Mathematics respectively and in other cases, a pass relevant to your chosen course in the academy or a minimum UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination)score of 180. Also, the selection is based on your expression of a genuine interest in whichever area you decide and Passing the relevant tests.
- Applicants must be no less than 18(eighteen years of age or more than 35 (thirty-five) years by March) 2019.
- Applicants must be medical, physically, and psychologically fit and must not be less than 1.67metres (5 feet 5.748 inches) tall for male and 1.64metres (5 feet 4.567) inches tall for a female.
- Applicants must print their completed online forms, guarantor form and submit it at the examination/screening and recruitment center. You must obtain satisfactory results in the examination, physical and psychological screening to go further.
- All applicants should have SCANNED copies of SSCE/GCE/NABTEB/NECO Result, Birth Certificate Result, FSLC (First School Leaving Certificate) Result, LGA (Local Government Area) Certificate, and Passport Photograph.
APPLICATION AND SUBMISSION OF THE FORM
All applicants must be fully aware that application and submission of the Nigerian Air Force take place online and on the Nigerian Air Force website precisely. Potential applicants are advised to be wary of any other means of submission which may be subject to fraud. During the processing of the application, the applicant must obtain or create a valid email address to use throughout the application process.
- The application is done online, interested candidates should log on to the official website of the Nigerian Air Force to put in their personal details of the said candidate.
- After submission of your carefully filled form, the applicant must download the acknowledgment form.
- Note, that only candidate that meet up the recruitment criteria will be invited to the examination/screening and recruitment center.
Failure to comply and not satisfy any of these requirements automatically means the applicant is no longer eligible for the recruitment phase. Having said all of these, hope this post was insightful enough, kindly take a few moments to like this post, leave us a comment on any concerns regarding this post and do not forget to share to someone you this might find this post beneficial.