How to Apply for Federal Inland Revenue Service Recruitment 2019
FIRS recruitment 2019. The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) as it is normally known is the only federal body that focuses on the mandatory levy placed on the earnings of individuals, corporate firms, and government agencies residing in Nigeria. These funds (FIRS Tax) are collected and used for financing the government projects and expenses across Nigeria.
We have gotten several questions from some of our readers, such as the below.
- Has FIRS Started Recruitment for 2019?
- When is FIRS Recruiting Starting for 2019?
- How to apply for FIRS Graduate Recruitment 2019?
- When is FIRS 2019 Recruitment Deadline?
- FIRS Official Recruitment Portal 2019?
- FIRS Recruitment Guide and Requirement 2019?
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICE (FIRS)
The functions of the FIRS include examining the tax obtained, assessing the affairs of companies and making certain that these companies are applying the tax laws properly without defaulting.
The Federal Inland Revenue Service is responsible for the even distribution of wealth in order to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor especially in cases of small and large companies across Nigeria. By so doing, the services ensures that tax compliant individuals and corporate organizations get their due benefits as a result of complying fully with paying their tax. The Service is permitted to confiscate or dispose of any property, movable or immovable, for the purpose of carrying out any of its functions even as the service possesses such powers in its conferred duties.
The main object of the Federal Inland Revenue Service is to control and administer the different taxes and laws specified in the First Schedule or other laws made or to be made from time to time, by the National Assembly or other regulations made thereunder by the Government of the Federation and to account for all taxes collected.
The Federal Inland Revenue Service comprises of the following board members:
- The Executive Chairman
- Six (6) board members appointed by the President (representing the geo-political zones) with the relevant qualifications and experience.
- Comptroller-General of the Nigerian Customs Service.
- The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria or a representative.
- The Chief Executive Officer of the National Planning Commission.
- The Chairman of the National Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC).
- The Minister of Finance or a representative.
- Group Managing Director of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation.
- The Registrar General of the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- A representative of the Attorney-General of the Federation.
ELIGIBILITY FOR RECRUITMENT
Recruitment for this service is publicly published when there is a vacancy, this post will be updated when there is such opportunities. Hence future applicants are advised to keep an eye out on this space.
As all other major federal organs in the country, the Federal Inland Revenue Service reserves the right to recruit individuals that are highly efficient in organisational and interpersonal skills, exhibit a strong business knowledge in tax accounting & interpretation, a key team player and individual who requires little to no supervision in producing tangible results in the service.
Amongst other requisites to meet by the Federal Inland Revenue Service, mentioned below is a list of qualification and set skills any future applicant must possess in order to stand a chance of recruitment.
- Applicants who are interested in the recruitment must be of Nigerian origin by birth and possess National Identity Number (NIN) or valid ID card (driving license, voters’ card, international passport) showing that they are citizens of the country.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of 4 credits in not more than 2 sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB with credit pass in English and Mathematics respectively and in other cases, a pass relevant to your chosen course in the academy or a minimum UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination) score of 180.
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Law, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant disciplines in the quantitative field
- Or Higher National Diploma in Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant disciplines in the quantitative field
- Applicants must be no less than 18(eighteen years of age) or more than 35 (thirty-five years) old.
- In-depth knowledge in ICT (Information Communication Technology) especially interacting with computer application like Microsoft Office. Generally, applicants must be computer savvy
- Basic skills such as interpersonal, communication, Analytical, leadership, management, team playing and the ability to effectively handle crisis and responsibilities with little or no supervision at all.
- Vast Knowledge of the Nigerian Tax Enforcement agencies, laws and regulations and application governing the operations of the Federal Inland Revenue Service.
- Knowledge of business/industry environment within which taxpayers operate.
All applicants should have SCANNED/PHOTOCOPIED and original copies of SSCE/GCE/NABTEB/NECO Result, Tertiary Institution Certificates, Birth Certificate, FSLC (First School Leaving Certificate) Result, LGA (Local Government Area) Certificate, and Passport Photograph to present when invited for screening.
APPLICATION PROCESS OF THE FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICE
All applicants must be fully aware that application and submission of the form for Nigerian Custom Service take place online and on the Federal Inland Revenue Service ONLY. Potential applicants are advised to be wary of any other means of submission which may be subject to fraud. During the processing of the application, the applicant must obtain or create a valid email address to use throughout the application process.
- Potential applicants should log on to the official website of the Federal Inland Revenue Service to fill out the forms with the required details depending on the JOB POSITION AVAILABLE.
- Remember, the application is free! And avoid numerous registrations as this may cause the candidate to be disqualified.
- After carefully updating the candidate data by filling the form, individuals should download and print out all necessary forms like the guarantors form and acknowledgement slip that must be presented at the screening location when invited by the service.
- Note, only the candidate that meet up the recruitment criteria will be invited to the examination/screening and recruitment center.
Landing a career in the Federal Inland Revenue Service is quite lucrative hence causing a number of Nigerians to chase after this opportunity. Now that you have a fair idea of what the service entails in terms of the recruitment eligibility, application procedure, and certain facts beneficial for the interview, we hope this post satisfies your curiosity. Kindly take a few minutes to appreciate this post as you motivate us to bring you more beneficial information by hitting the like button and sharing with others you would not want to miss these details. Also, do not forget to leave a comment in the comment section below if you are experiencing any challenges with regards to the content of this post.